Sea-Doo® Switch® - Accessory Double Bimini Top Mounting Frames May Break - Could Cause Serious Injury
Dear Sea-Doo® Pontoon Owner,
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of Transport Canada and the United States Coast Guard (USCG). BRP is conducting a safety recall.
Our records show that you own a pontoon that may be equipped with this accessory.
What is the potential problem?
The Double Bimini Top mounting frames may break suddenly. Pontoon occupants could come in contact with sharp edges and/or the bimini, if the bimini falls. This could lead to serious injuries.
Which models are involved?
Double Bimini Tops sold as an accessory for Sea-Doo® Switch pontoons. This includes:
- Double Bimini Top 21' 295100962
- Double Bimini Top 18' 295100823
What will BRP do?
BRP is issuing revised usage instructions for the Double Bimini Top sold as an accessory.
What should YOU do?
If your pontoon does NOT have a Double Bimini Top and only has the stock bimini:
- This is not applicable to your pontoon. Continue to follow the instructions in your Operator’s Guide and on the on-product warning labels.
If your pontoon has the Double Bimini Top bought as an accessory:
- Review and follow the revised instructions in the chart at the end of the letter.
- Keep the revised instructions with your Operator’s Guide in your pontoon.
If you leased this pontoon that has the Double Bimini Top bought as an accessory:
- Send a copy of this letter to the lessee within ten working days after the day you received this letter.
- Do the same with any future letters about this safety recall.
What to do if you feel you have received this notice by mistake?
This notice was mailed to you according to the most current information we have available.
If you know the current owner or operator, please forward this letter to them.
If there has been a change of ownership or you have a change of address, please notify BRP so we can update our records accordingly.
Your safety and continued satisfaction with our products are a priority for us. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and remain committed to facilitating the process as much as we can.
Thank you for your immediate attention to this notice.
BRP Customer Services Department