This is another item your Sea-Doo dealer can help you with, but if you’re a DIY-er, you’ll want to check out the XPS oil change kits available through your dealer or our online store. Everything you need for a complete oil change can be shipped to your front door in one box.
Replacing your engine oil and filter is simple. You’ll need the correct XPS oil change kit for your engine (contains oil, filter and O-ring), an oil pump or fluid transfer pump to extract old oil (available at most hardware stores), socket or wrench to remove oil filter cap, shop rags to clean up any drips or spills and a container large enough to hold the old oil (about 3 quarts).
- Warm the Sea-Doo up by running for 20-30 seconds to move oil through the engine. Instructions for the warmup process can be found in your Sea-Doo Operator's Guide.
- With access to your Sea-Doo engine, remove oil fill cap and oil dipstick (may vary depending on model. Consult your Sea-Doo Operator's Guide.).
- Remove old oil by inserting oil/transfer pump hose into the oil dipstick location until it stops at the bottom of the crank case.
- Suck old oil out with the pump.
- Remove engine filter cap and old oil filter. Have a rag handy to keep dripping in the engine bay to a minimum.
- Replace oil filter cap O-ring with new one from the oil change kit.
- Seat the new oil filter into the oil filter cap or into the oil filter compartment (varies by model, consult your Operator's Guide or Sea-Doo dealer).
- Replace cap onto filter compartment and tighter bolts to secure in place.
- Fill engine with fresh oil from the oil change kit, double check oil level for proper level with your dipstick.