Date: November 11, 2011
Re: GTS and GTI Series – Front Storage Compartment Cover Cracking
Dear Sea-Doo® Watercraft Dealer/Distributor,
This notice is being sent to you in cooperation with the U.S. Coast Guard and Transport Canada and is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the Federal Boat Safety Act and other applicable laws. Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. and BRP US Inc. (“BRP“) are conducting a voluntary safety recall of certain MY2011 and MY2012 Sea-Doo Watercraft models as specified in the attached Safety Campaign Bulletin.
What is the potential problem?
In rough water conditions, the storage cover may break around its hinge. This could cause the storage cover to dislodge and hit the operator and/or passenger resulting in personal injury or loss of control.
What will BRP do?
BRP is sending a Safety Recall letter to all known registered owners of these watercraft. This letter urges that the owners immediately contact their authorized BRP Sea-Doo Watercraft dealer in order to have their watercraft inspected and repaired. Also, BRP posted this notice and attached Safety Campaign Bulletin on its dealer web site (www.bossweb.brp.com) and on its public web site(www.seadoo.com).
What should you do?
- Do not sell, deliver or use any involved watercraft that you have in stock until repair has been completed.
- Contact all of your customers who have purchased this product. You must inform them about the foregoing and request that they make an appointment to get their watercraft repaired.
- Follow all instructions applicable to model provided in the attached Safety Campaign Bulletin.
If you have questions about this notice, please call:
- In USA and Canada: 1 888 638-5397,
- Dealers of other countries (outside Canada and USA) please contact your local distributor or
regional office which can be found at www.brp.com or call: 1 819 566-3366 (8:00 to 18:00
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter.
After-Sales Service Department
Bombardier Recreational Products Inc.