Minnesota’s 10,000-plus lakes and numerous rivers are just the place for fun on the water. Legend has it that waterskiing was invented in Minnesota in 1922, and boating and waterskiing are still summertime favorites. On any given day, you will find a Sea-Doo personal watercraft (PWC) or boat pulling wake skaters or cruising on one of the many lakes.
Minnesota’s waterways are an exciting destination for boaters from all over North America, and for good reason. Whether you want to cruise the shorelines on a Sea-Doo PWC or spend the day fishing from your Sea-Doo boat on the mighty Lake Superior, or the mighty Mississippi, you can do it all in Minnesota. Most lakes and rivers in Minnesota have public boat accesses for easy access.
One of the most popular lakes is Lake Minnetonka. Lake Minnetonka is located 12 miles from downtown Minneapolis and features 15,000 acres, 110 miles of shorelines, and many hidden secluded coves. The lake features 10 Sea-Doo accessible restaurants with choices for even the most discriminating person in your family.
Detroit Lakes is another boating hotspot, with more than 400 lakes within a 25-mile radius, Detroit Lakes offers a summer vacation for every type of boater and an abundance of family fun. Multiple public boat launches, marinas and boat rentals, makeit easy to enjoy boating in Minnesota.
The top 5 largest lakes for boating in Minnesota are: Red Lake, Mille Lacs Lake, Leech Lake, Lake Winnibigoshish and Lake Vermilion.
If you are looking a Sea-Doo boat or PWC to enjoy on one of Minnesota’s 10,000 lakes, Sea-Doo has numerous dealers with boats for sale in the greater Minneapolis area:
Sea-Doo dealers in Minneapolis, Minnesota:
- Leo’s South, 16375 Kenrick, Ave., Lakeville, MN 55044, (952) 435-5371
- St. Boni Motor Sports, 4120 Steiner St., St. Bonifacius, MN 55375, (952) 446-1554
- Tousley Motorsports, 1400 E. County Rd. E, White Bear Lake, MN 55110, (651) 483-8296
- Danner Landscaping And Sales, Inc., 7915 Cahill Ave., E., Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076, (651) 451-0121
- Pro Power Sports And Marine Inc., 6781 Highway 10, NW, Ramsey, MN 55303, (763) 576-1706
- Forest Lake Motor Sports, Inc., 15219 Feller St., Forest Lake, MN 55025, (651) 464-3135
- Trueman-Welters, Inc., 1600 Highway 55 E., Buffalo, MN 55313, (763) 682-2200
For more information on visiting or boating in Minneapolis, visit Explore Minnesota